Lori Austein is a certified trainer and facilitator of the Council process and a
certified hypnotherapist and transpersonal life coach, as well as an educator, lawyer
She completed the full trainer’s path for Credentialed Council Trainers at the Ojai
Foundation in California and spent five years at an urban middle school in Los Angeles
helping to bring weekly Councils to over 2,000 students. Since 2002, she has facilitated
numerous Councils in various settings throughout the Western United States and Canada
and trained many others to do the same.
In 2010, Lori received certification as a hypnotherapist through the Wellness Institute
in Issaquah, Washington, and continues to pursue advanced training in clinical psychotherapeutic
hypnosis. She has also been trained in Transpersonal Life Coaching from the Wellness
Institute. Lori is not a Registered Clinical Counselor.
She continues her education and training in working with altered states of consciousness
for healing and growth by participating in professional training at The Wellness
Institute in Washington. She is currently in the Mentors Program meeting three times
a year for four days of ongoing professional development and personal work.
Lori lives in Duncan, British Columbia, on Vancouver Island, with her husband, son
and Bob the Dog.
Council Facilitations and Trainings include:
• Palms Middle School, Los Angeles, California
• Tree People, Los Angeles, California
• New Roads School, Los Angeles, California
• The Ojai Foundation, Ojai, California
• Roosevelt Park Community School, Prince Rupert, BC
• O.U.R. Ecovillage, Shawnigan Lake, BC
• Northwest Community College, Terrace, BC
• Keating Farm Cooperative, Cowichan Valley, BC
• Surrounded by Cedar Child & Family Services, Victoria, BC